Graduate Development Programmes
We are delighted that you are considering joining one of our excellent Graduate Development Programmes.
If you know the kind of programme you are interested in, you can register your details or apply directly below through the How to Apply section. However, as we are so large and diverse, we recommend you spend a little time reading through all of the opportunities we can offer you on our Programmes page. Find out more on our dedicated Graduate hub.
Ready to Apply? Click on the links below to help you prepare.
How to Apply
We are delighted that you are interested in applying for one of our Graduate Programmes. Please click on the link below to take you directly to the job advert, and submit your application.
- Engineering Graduate Programme – click here to apply now
- Project Sales Engineering Graduate Programme – click here to apply now
- IT & Technology Graduate Programme – click here to apply now
- Business & Commercial Graduate Programme – click here to apply now
- Quantity Surveying Graduate Programme – click here to apply now
- Telecoms Graduate Programme – click here to apply now
Regardless of the programme you select, we follow a standard graduate recruitment process.
All of our vacancies are advertised on our careers site and you will be asked to complete an online application form.
Alongside completing your application form you can submit your CV and cover letter. If you can’t complete your application in one go, don’t worry. You can save your answers and pick up where you left off when you’re ready. Just remember to keep a note of your log in details.
When will I hear back?
We will email you to say that we have received your application, and that it’s being processed. Your application is very important to us and we want to keep you updated every step of the way.
Stage One – Application screening
Your application will be reviewed by our resourcing team who will confirm that you meet the minimum requirements for the programme and highlight any relevant skills and experience that you’ll bring. Successful candidates will then be progressed to our online tests stage.
Stage Two – Online Tests
Our online tests involve two stages:
- Situational Judgement Test - this is a short online test where you will be asked to read a short scenario, and consider the most appropriate course of action
- Ability Tests - Successful candidates from the Situational Judgement test will be asked to complete a short ability test (typically Numerical Reasoning or Inductive Reasoning)
Why not take some of CEB Practice Tests to familiarise yourself with the online testing experience? Please note that the level of difficulty of the practice tests may not exactly reflect the level of difficulty of the test you will be asked to complete. You can access CEB’s practice tests here.
Stage Three – Video Interview
If successful in both parts of our online test stage, you will be invited to sit a video interview which you can do at a time which suits you prior to deadline.
Stage Four – Assessment Centre/Interview
If successful, you will be invited to a half day assessment centre. This will be held at a regional venue and you might have to travel to the one closest to you.
The assessment centre will involve a competency based interview, presentation and a group exercise.
What happens next?
There are a lot of candidates at this stage and we understand how eager you are to find out your results. At this stage assessments are being carried out over a number of weeks and whether you are successful or not we will let you know by email.
If you’ve been successful, we will call you to talk through your offer of employment. We’ll send email confirmation of the offer and an offer pack in the mail. All offers are subject to satisfactory references and criminal record checks. And may be subject to medical and eye tests.
Can I have feedback?
Unfortunately, due to the high volume of applications we receive, it’s not always possible to provide feedback to candidates following the initial application. But we can feedback on how you performed in your assessment centre.
Keeping your details
At SSE we’d love to stay in touch. If you’d like to be considered for future vacancies that may suit your skills and experience, why not register for job alerts?
I currently work for SSE, and would like to register now
I would love to work for SSE in the future, and would like to register now
Applications are now closed, and will re-open in the New Year for our 2019 summer placement programme. To register your interest and be notified when applications are open, please click here.
- New #job: Team Manager Location: West London Salary: 31345pa - 41396pa .. https://t.co/W1hJkYwj7N #jobs #hiring
- New #job: Building Management Systems Support Engineer Location: Altrincham Salary: £27400pa - £41800pa ..… https://t.co/HwTpdVYAQy
- New #job: EC&I Renewables Engineer Location: Highlands Salary: £39413pa - £52055pa .. https://t.co/GtK37dbI6t #jobs #hiring
- New #job: Accounts Analyst Location: Reading Salary: £24923pa - £32919pa .. https://t.co/rjVM0mzoqd #jobs #hiring
- New #job: Offshore Wind Turbine Technician Location: Lowestoft Salary: 31500pa - 47900pa .. https://t.co/jBBGb7GyCP #jobs #hiring
- New #job: Accounts Analyst Location: Reading Salary: 24923pa - 32919pa .. https://t.co/1ZNh0a2Cs2 #jobs #hiring