Engineering and operations
SSE’s core purpose is to provide the energy people need in a reliable and sustainable way. As you would expect, engineering is a core skill at the heart of our organisation.
Our specialised engineering teams employ a diverse range of engineering and technical experts to help us supply the energy that keeps millions of homes and businesses running. We are investing significantly to create a future for more efficient and sustainable energy solutions. From developing one of the largest onshore wind farms in Europe to installing innovative hydro pump storage schemes.
If you have the skills to work in an environment that is passionate about safety, innovation, teamwork and excellence in everything we do, and want to be part of one of the greatest growth industries of the 21st century, we’d like to hear from you.
Below is an introduction to business areas within SSE.
Our business areas
We are the UK’s second largest generation business, with an ownership interest in over 100 thermal and renewable power stations. We have a total capacity of just over 11,290MW and are the UK’s leading generator of renewable energy, owning and operating almost half of the UK’s total renewable generation capacity including Europe’s largest wind farm.
In addition to our power stations, our Engineering Centre provides both an effective long-term asset management and investment planning capability across our Generation portfolio and a platform for future growth.
The majority of our operations are in Great Britain with the remainder in Northern Ireland and the Republic of Ireland.
Our electricity networks transmit and distribute electricity in the North of Scotland and Southern England to around 3.7 million businesses, offices and homes through some 130,000km of overhead lines and underground cables.
Our Transmission Projects division is a focused delivery group that is delivering a wide range of construction projects within the North of Scotland. We have ambitions capital expenditure investment plans to deliver construction and network improvement projects across our Transmission and Distribution businesses over the next 2 years.
For more information, visit our dedicated Power Distribution website
Home Services and SSE Contracting
Home Services is SSE’s gas and electrical maintenance and installations business. We aim to be the best service provider in the industry, with a target of achieving 1 million customers by 2020.
SSE Contracting is one of the UK’s leading Mechanical and Electrical Contractors with an annual turnover of around £500 million and employing in excess of 4,000 staff. Our depots operate across South and South West England, East England, East Midlands and across Scotland.
Make a difference
Whatever your role, you’ll be using your experience and expertise to make an impact in securing our energy supply, now and into the future.
Search all jobs
- New #job: Team Manager (Jointing) Location: New Forest Salary: £31345pa - £41396pa .. https://t.co/7xWjzZfVPx #jobs #hiring
- New #job: Safety Health and Environment Advisor Location: Dublin Salary: 45kpa - 55kpa .. https://t.co/EXZGYcmhVY #jobs #hiring
- New #job: Account Director Network Operators Location: Reading Salary: £36900pa - £56500pa .. https://t.co/js62AFVTaF #jobs #hiring
- New #job: Business Energy - C.S. Advisor Location: Dublin Salary: €24815pa - €31500pa .. https://t.co/DUSxBZ3BVb #jobs #hiring
- New #job: Tree Cutter Location: Lochgilphead Salary: 9.22ph - 12.35ph .. https://t.co/0wOyYhGaAd #jobs #hiring
- New #job: Mobile Diesel Generation Fitter Location: Inverness Salary: 12.18ph - 15.93ph .. https://t.co/U5Y5eAy9E2 #jobs #hiring