Ferrybridge D CCGT
- Category: Thermal
- Energy type: Gas
- Project type: Project
SSE Generation Limited is proposing to submit an application for a Development Consent Order to construct and operate a new build Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) power station on land at the existing Ferrybridge ‘C’ Power Station Site.
The project, known as Ferrybridge 'D' CCGT Project, will have a generating capacity of circa 2,200 megawatts and will be powered by natural gas taken from the National Transmission System.
Following the initial stage of consultation in March/April 2018, the project team has developed the project proposals further. The second stage of public consultation began on 12 November and ended at 5pm on 17 December 2018. Thank you to those who participated.
Following this second stage of consultation, SSE will consider the responses received and carry out any remaining technical studies then finalise its proposals. The DCO application will be submitted to the Planning Inspectorate during Q1/Q2 2019. During Q2/Q3 of 2019 the Planning Inspectorate will examine the application, which will be undertaken in public. We expect a decision to be made by the Secretary of State in Q2/Q3 2020. Following a final investment decision by SSE, construction could begin in 2021. Construction would take around 3 years, meaning that the power station could be operational in 2024.
For further information on the application process, please visit: www.infrastructure.planninginspectorate.gov.uk/application-process/the-process.
Project Liaison Manager
T: 01724 788236
New Gas Fired Power Station proposed at Ferrybridge
08 January 2018
SSE will begin consultation for a new gas fired power station at the Ferrybridge ‘C’ site over the coming weeks. Proposals for the new plant, which will be known as Ferrybridge ‘D’ CCGT and will have a generating capacity of up to 2,000MW, are being put forward as part of re-development at the site.
SSE, which owned and operated the coal fired Ferrybridge ‘C’ power station up until its closure in March 2016, is in the early stages of the development of this new Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) power station. Pre-application consultation events are being planned for the local area giving members of the community the opportunity to view the proposals and provide feedback on the plans.
Jim Lawrie, Project Development Manager for SSE said: ‘The Ferrybridge ‘C’ coal station played a key part in delivering the energy needed to support supply for the UK for over 50 years. The development of a new power station at the site marks the next step in our commitment to invest in the area. We look forward to engaging with local stakeholders throughout our consultation for this new development.’
SSE, which also owns a 50 per cent share in the Ferrybridge Multifuel 1 and 2 projects located on land adjacent to the C station site, is currently finalising plans to commence demolition of the decommissioned C station with work expected to commence during 2018.
Public exhibitions for the proposed new development are due to be held in the local area over the coming weeks. During these sessions, local people will have the opportunity to find out more about the proposed project. As part of the consultation, members of the public will be able to talk with the development team and comment on the proposals, which will then feed into the final plans and designs. More information about these events will be publicised in due course.
For more information please visit www.sse.com/ferrybridgeD
Any questions should be directed to SSE on 0345 076 0530 or email@example.com
Stage 1 consultation - March 2018 (now ended)
Consultation strategy documents
Please find below the consultation materials that will be presented at the events held in March 2018.
You can submit comments on our proposals. All comments must be received by Monday 16 April 2018
Comments can be submitted by:
Ferrybridge D Project
Ferrybridge ‘C’ Power Station
Ferrybridge Power Station
If you wish to be kept informed about the project, please let us know and provide us with contact details so that we can contact you.
Stage 2 consultation - November 2018 (now ended)
- Statement of Community Consultation (SoCC)
- Statement of Community Consultation (SoCC) notice
- S48 notice
- Posters circulated locally
- Flyover illustrating the central pipeline route corridor – Ferrybridge ‘D’ Stage 2 consultation
- Exhibition Banners
- Frequently asked questions document
- Online Feedback form
- Press Release
- Non-Technical Summary
- Vol I
- Vol II – Cover Contents
- Vol II – Fig 1.1 Site Location
- Vol II – Fig 3.1 Parts of the Site
- Vol II – Fig 4.1 Main Site Indicative Layout
- Vol II – Fig 4.2a AGI Indicative Layout Option 1
- Vol II – Fig 4.2b AGI Indicative Layout Option 2
- Vol II – Fig 8.1 Air Quality Study Area HH Receptors
- Vol II – Fig 8.2 Air Quality Study Area Construction Dust Receptors
- Vol II – Fig 8.3 Air Quality Study Area Ecological Receptors
- Vol II – Fig 8.4 Annual Mean NO2 Contribution
- Vol II – Fig 8.5 Hourly Mean NO2 Contribution
- Vol II – Fig 9.1 Automated Baseline Noise Monitoring Locations
- Vol II – Fig 11.1 Watercourses
- Vol II – Fig 13.1 Designated Heritage Assets
- Vol II – Fig 13.2 Heritage Assets 1km
- Vol II – Fig 13.3 Historic Landscape Classifications
- Vol II – Fig 14.1 Proposed Construction Traffic Access Routes FINAL
- Vol II – Fig 14.2 Traffic Count Locations
- Vol II - Fig 15.1 as cited in tables 15.8 & 15.9 of the PEIR
- Vol II – Fig 16.1 Zone of Theoretical Visibility
- Vol II – Fig 16.2 National Regional Landscape Character
- Vol II – Fig 16.3 Local Landscape Character
- Vol II – Fig 16.4 Study Area Topography
- Vol II – Fig 16.5 Site Context
- Vol II – Fig 16.6 Representative Viewpoints
- Vol II – Fig 16.7-16.18 Viewpoint Photography
- Vol II – Fig 16.19 Viewpoint 5 Photomontage
- Vol II – Fig 16.20 Viewpoint 6 Photomontage
- Vol II – Fig 16.21 Viewpoint 7 Photomontage
- Vol II – Fig 16.22 Viewpoint 9 Photomontage
- Vol II – Fig 20.1 Cumulative Developments
- Vol III – Appendix 0 Cover Contents
- Vol III – Appendix 1A EIA Scoping Report
- Vol III – Appendix 1B Scoping Opinion
- Vol III – Appendix 8A Air Quality Technical Appendix
- Vol III – Appendix 9A Noise Vibration Technical Appendix
- Vol III – Appendix 10A Legislation and Planning Policy
- Vol III – Appendix 10B Ecological Impact Assessment Methods
- Vol III – Appendix 10C Preliminary Ecological Appraisal Report - Part One
- Vol III – Appendix 10C Preliminary Ecological Appraisal Report - Part Two
- Vol III – Appendix 10C Preliminary Ecological Appraisal Report - Part Three
- Vol III – Appendix 10D Great Crested Newt Survey Report
- Vol III – Appendix 10F Riparian Mammal Report
- Vol III – Appendix 11A Flood Risk Assessment
- Vol III – Appendix 12A Ferrybridge D Phase I
- Vol III – Appendix 13A Gazetteer of Heritage Assets
- Vol III – Appendix 16A LVIA Assessment Methodology
- Vol III – Appendix 16B Landscape Characterisation
Community Liaison Group
Please find below the minutes taken at the Ferrybridge site Community Liaison Group, which meets quarterly. The group is made up of representatives from across the local community, including ward and parish councillors and organised community groups, as well as bodies such as the Environment Agency and Police, as well as site project teams.