Our Trainee Engineer Programme
Proud to make a difference
At SSE, our job is to provide the energy people rely on every day in a reliable, responsible and sustainable way. We are proud to make an Olympic sized contribution of around £9 billion to the UK economy every year.
A FTSE 100 company with some 20,000 employees, we’re still growing and have ambitious plans for the future. Our trainee engineer programme offers you the opportunity not only to play a part in achieving our goals, but to grow with us as well. As we look to finding better, more efficient and affordable ways of producing energy, there’s huge score for you to make a contribution at SSE.
We’re delighted to share with you a little bit more about our Trainee Engineer Programme currently available, with opportunities in the Networks part of our business. Because we are so large and diverse, we recommend you spend a little time reviewing the below information and looking through the different menus on the left-hand side of your screen where you will find out more about SSE and some of the journeys and experiences our current Trainee Engineers have enjoyed. We also recommend you spend some time reading information across our website about our company.
Working for Energy Networks
In this short video (click the picture below), we tell our story. Proud of our past, prepared for the future. We’re powering our community:
Sarah Mort - Networks Workforce Renewal Manager
Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN) forms part of the FTSE-50 energy company, SSE. Our electricity distribution and transmission networks carry electricity to over 3.7 million homes and businesses across Scotland and Central Southern England.
Our skilled teams are based right across the regions we serve, from the bustle of West London to the smallest villages in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
At Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks we are keeping our customers' lives comfortable, warm and well lit, no matter what. Our focus on people helps us understand the needs of the community and deliver the best service possible – no excuses. We've worked on our networks for over 70 years to meet the changing needs of our customers. We are ready to meet the challenges ahead, we're powering our community are you?
Our Learning programmes offer an excellent opportunity to gain a career within an exciting industry where you truly make a difference every day. With the added benefit of earning a salary whilst gaining your education.
With the exciting challenges ahead for our business there truly is never a better time to join our family and make a real difference to our customers and the way in which our business operates.
- RT @BarnardosWorks: Natasha joined @SSE 6 years ago and she hopes to do a HNC Electrical Engineering Course next year. Very well done! http…
- RT @BarnardosWorks: "The success of the partnership is a testament to the young people" @SSE
- RT @BarnardosWorks: "Colin Hood from SSE visited Barnardo's Youthbuild in Paisley and he could vision an Employability Pipeline involving Y…
- We were delighted to attend & speak at Barnardo's 10 year employability event in Dundee on Friday @BarnardosWorks… https://t.co/RbR72RXkwm
- Mechanical Engineers 'deal with the forces & movements that make things work'. Amy provides some insight into her f… https://t.co/cklCq9O6Tl
- Considering a future career in #Engineering? Find out more about our Engineering Craft Apprenticeship Scheme & regi… https://t.co/DI0zgK2xtU