Our Trainee Engineer Programme
Proud to make a difference
At SSE, our job is to provide the energy people rely on every day in a reliable, responsible and sustainable way. We are proud to make an Olympic sized contribution of around £9 billion to the UK economy evry year.
A FTSE 100 company with some 20,000 employees, we’re still growing and have ambitious plans for the future. Our trainee engineer programme offers you the opportunity not only to play a part in achieving our goals, but to grow with us as well. As we look to finding better, more efficient and affordable ways of producing energy, there’s huge score for you to make a contribution at SSE.
We’re delighted to share with you a little bit more about our Trainee Engineer Programme currently available, with opportunities in the Networks part of our business. Because we are so large and diverse, we recommend you spend a little time reviewing the below information and looking through the different menus on the left-hand side of your screen where you will find out more about SSE and some of the journeys and experiences our current Trainee Engineers have enjoyed. We also recommend you spend some time reading information across our website about our company.
Working for Energy Networks
In this short video (click the picture below), we tell our story. Proud of our past, prepared for the future. We’re powering our community:
Sarah Mort - Networks Workforce Renewal Manager
Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks (SSEN) forms part of the FTSE-50 energy company, SSE. Our electricity distribution and transmission networks carry electricity to over 3.7 million homes and businesses across Scotland and Central Southern England.
Our skilled teams are based right across the regions we serve, from the bustle of West London to the smallest villages in the Highlands and Islands of Scotland.
At Scottish and Southern Electricity Networks we are keeping our customers' lives comfortable, warm and well lit, no matter what. Our focus on people helps us understand the needs of the community and deliver the best service possible – no excuses. We've worked on our networks for over 70 years to meet the changing needs of our customers. We are ready to meet the challenges ahead, we're powering our community are you?
Our Learning programmes offer an excellent opportunity to gain a career within an exciting industry where you truly make a difference every day. With the added benefit of earning a salary whilst gaining your education.
With the exciting challenges ahead for our business there truly is never a better time to join our family and make a real difference to our customers and the way in which our business operates.
- Are you interested in technology and want to earn while you learn? Find out more and apply now… https://t.co/TMmrWi3VCY
- Applications now open! Find out more and how to apply by visiting https://t.co/atInOfTYvf #career #apprenticeship https://t.co/joaMrs9nM9
- RT @TeachFirst: Thanks to @SSE for this video highlighting our partnership to inspire girls through #womeninSTEM and the #WomensFACup https…
- RT @SSE: SSE and @TeachFirst - A partnership to make a difference: https://t.co/MQmNqtQnVq #Video https://t.co/kIro6Ezs9l
- RT @SSE: SSE worked with @EdinburghUni on specialist mental illness training and how we can best support our customers: https://t.co/Mt7LBv…
- RT @SSE: Our advisors are trained to help customers living with dementia and other mental illnesses so all can access the services they nee…