Graduate Development Programme
We are delighted that you are considering joining one of our excellent Graduate Development Programmes.
SSE is involved in the generation, transmission, distribution and supply of electricity and in the production, storage, distribution and supply of gas and other energy related services. Not to mention the massive infrastructure we have supporting us behind the scenes in terms of our people, systems and technology. This means when you join one of our programmes, you are opening up your career to a wealth of development and career opportunities in the utilities sector, that few other organisations can boast.
Because we are so large and diverse, we recommend you spend a little time looking through the different menus on the left-hand side of your screen. Here you can read about our previous and current graduates, the types of programmes we offer and the benefits you can receive as part of our 20,000 strong team.
How to Apply
IT Graduate Development Programme
Applications for our IT Graduate Programme are now closed. Applications usually open in September and close in October, however, this is not definite and subject to change. If you would like to be notified when we are open for applications, please register your interest by clicking here.
Engineering Graduate Development Programme
Applications for our Engineering Graduate Programme are now closed. Applications usually open in September and close in October, however, this is not definite and subject to change. If you would like to be notified when we are open for applications, please register your interest by clicking here.
Once you’ve applied, you can expect to be invited to attend some initial online tests, followed by a telephone interview and lastly a ½ day assessment centre. At each stage we’ll assess your skills, behaviours, competence and experience against our requirements to ensure you’re a good fit for us. Of course, we want you to make sure we’re right for you too, so please use these opportunities to ask us questions and find out as much as you can about SSE, and why our people think it is a great place to work.
Applications for 2017 are now closed.
- RT @NarmeenRehman: Oh yes we are definitely interested and keen. #INWED17 @dawnbonfield @lachun1 @lappinscott @KarenHolford @born2engineer…
- RT @WISE_ywb: Love this myth busting idea from @ssejobs #INWED17 its great to be #WomenInEngineering 🙌😊 https://t.co/W2V2GQjcTD
- We are proud to share our new myth busting film about #WomenInEngineering #9percentisnotenough #INWED17… https://t.co/2HohyVw0dM
- Myth #4: engineering is too demanding of a career to raise a family. #BustingTheMyths #INWED17 #WomenInSTEM https://t.co/9o95ElY6Js
- Myth #3 Girls aren't interested in engineering or STEM subjects #BustingTheMyths #WomenInSTEM #INWED17 https://t.co/tJSY66PNU4
- We are committed to encouraging more women into engineering and are delighted to be sponsoring #INWED2017… https://t.co/yFEDKGcT85