You can expect no two days to be the same when you work in one of SSE's Customer Service Centres. As the UK’s second largest energy company, our advisors help thousands of customers each week, covering a wide range of enquiries to do with their domestic energy accounts and our aim in every single interaction is to always deliver excellence.
At SSE, our people are our biggest and most important asset and we believe in developing our staff to get the best from them, building up talent from within. Our Customer Service business is an excellent entry point into our organisation and we take pride in the fact that many of our Management team started their career's with SSE in this area.We provide full training for all of our roles and offer ongoing continuous professional development alongside the chance to gain additional qualifications such as NVQ’s or Degrees depending on your career path and previous education history.
What we look for
Our current Customer Service employees come from a variety of backgrounds, with different levels of experience, so never assume you are not what we need. Whether this is your first job, you are retuning to work after a break or you have finished one career and are looking for the next, if you have the right skills, abilities and character then we would be interested to hear from you.
All of our Contact Centres are UK based. Our customer service sites are in Perth, Cumbernauld, Cardiff and Havant (near Portsmouth).
The next steps
Our recruitment process is designed to allow you to show us your abilities, skills and most of all your passion for service. Candidates who are successful at the upfront screening stage will be invited to take part in an online ability test to simulate working in a contact centre environment.
It should be no surprise for a Contact Centre role that we will want to speak to you as part of our process so candidates who pass the online testing will be asked to complete a short Telephone Interview with a member of the Recruitment team. Here we can ask you about your passion for service and you can also grill us about what its like to work for SSE.
The final stage would be to invite you to one of our Assessment Centres where you will get to have a look around our site, learn some more about us and take part in some group exercises, as well as a face to face interview.
You will usually find out if you have been successful within 3 working days of attending your interview on site.
Describe SSE in three words...
We asked a number of SSE employees to describe the company in three words, see what they had to say in this video.
- RT @skillsdevscot: Building connections - women STEM apprentices share their experiences and knowledge. @ssejobs @EquateScotland https://t.…
- RT @HolyroodEvents: @SSE join #VolunteerMgmt -1st Scottish employers 2 achieve the IiVE standard! Read more https://t.co/GJpG0qD742 Book ht…
- "I really enjoyed the event. I hope women will start to recognise that there is a place for them in these industrie… https://t.co/73d9gtUZ9o
- Hopefully this will be the first of many more events to come. #MAConnect #Apprentices #WomenInSTEM #GetInGoFar https://t.co/AWe4NoWLcI
- We are proud to have sponsored an #MAConnect event in partnership with @EquateScotland & @skillsdevscot… https://t.co/eM8NE8EUjn
- It was great to connect female MA's from across the country - so much talent and enthusiasm for STEM #WomenInSTEM… https://t.co/lFkLWWLOYJ