Through our Spurness wind farm, we provide £20,000 per year to community and charitable projects. Between 2004 and 2029 we expect to invest £412,500 in local projects.
You can apply for a grant if you are:
- a legally-constituted community group;
- a non-profit organisation; or
- a registered charity; and
- on Sanday.
We can support projects which:
- develop skills and abilities to implement projects that are important to the island’s future;
- support the acquisition, development and use of community assets;
- increase the involvement with local organisations and community activity;
- overcome the barriers that can prevent disadvantaged or excluded members of the community from enjoying a high quality of life, particularly young people and the elderly;
- involve them in caring for the environment and ensuring it is protected for future generations; and
- strengthens the local economy through community-led entrepreneurial activity.
Sorry, we can’t support projects which:
- have a political or religious purpose;
- subsidise the costs of energy consumption;
- are for purposes adverse to SSE’s interest;
- replace statutory funding; or
- support individuals for their personal gain.
|How much||How to apply|
|£1 - £250||Applications for grants of up to £250 can be made through a micro-grants scheme administered by Sanday Community Council. The Community Council will receive applications directly and make decisions on any micro-grants to be awarded in its area. E-mail email@example.com for an application form.|
|£251 - £2,000||Small grants application form|
|£2,001 - £10,000||Main grants application form|
|£10,001+||Please contact our community investment advisor|
Who can I contact for further information?
Community Funds Manager
T: +44 (0) 01463 728376