Through our Fairburn wind farm, we provide £80,000 per year to community and charitable projects. Between 2010 and 2035 we expect to invest £2 million in local projects.
You can apply for a grant if you are:
- a legally-constituted community group;
- a non-profit organisation; or
- a registered charity.
Within the community council area of:
- Marybank, Scatwell & Strathconon; or
- Muir of Ord.
We can support projects which:
- encourage community activity and promoting community spirit;
- provide adequate access to services for all community members;
- improve the local transport infrastructure;
- optimise opportunities to grow the local economy
- build community capacity and cohesion between established community groups; and/or
- develop or maintaining community assets.
Sorry, we can’t support projects which:
- have a political or religious purpose;
- subsidise the costs of energy consumption;
- are for purposes adverse to SSE’s interest;
- replace statutory funding; or
- support individuals for their personal gain.
Find out more about the area by downloading the Fairburn Community Profile.Grants available
|£80,000 a year (approx)|
|Community Council Area||Amount available for 2014/15|
|Marybank, Scatwell and Strathconon||£53,000|
The fund is proportionally split between the three communities with Muir of Ord already committing their funds to ongoing development activity. So this fund is currently closed to Muir of Ord groups.Please read the guidelines carefully before completing the application form.
|How much||How to apply|
|£250 - £10,000||Grant application form and guidelines|
|Application deadline||Decisions made by|
|30 June||End of August|
Who can I contact for further information?
Community Funds Manager
T: 01463 728376