Through our Drumderg wind farm, we provide around £79,000 per year to community and charitable projects. Over the life of the fund we expect to invest £1.6 million in local projects.
You can apply for a grant if you are:
- a legally-constituted community group;
- a non-profit organisation; or
- a registered charity.
For the benefit of the community council areas of:
- Mount Blair (most of Strathardle and Glenshee) and
The fund generally supports projects which:
- The Fund aims to promote community spirit and bring people together;
- enhance quality of life and promote people's well-being; and
- foster vibrant, sustainable communities.
Sorry, we can’t support projects which:
- have a political or religious purpose;
- subsidise the costs of energy consumption;
- are for purposes adverse to SSE’s interest;
- replace statutory funding; or
- support individuals for their personal gain.
How to apply
Please use the links below to download an application form and application guidelines for your area. For applications above £10,000 please contact Community Investment Advisor (details below).
A Micro Grant scheme for applications up to £300 is available through Alyth and Mount Blair Community Councils. Please see guidelines below.
DRUMDERG MEETING SCHEDULE 2017
|Deadline for applications||Advisory Panel meeting|
|16 February||23 March|
|9 May||22 June|
|8 August||21 September|
|5 October||23 November|
Who can I contact for further information?
Community Investment Manager