Through our Clyde wind farm, we provide around £125,000 per year to community and charitable projects. Over the life of the fund we expect to invest around £3m in local projects.
To see a full list of the projects we have supported through the fund, please click here.
You can apply for a grant if you are:
- a legally-constituted community group;
- a non-profit organisation; or
- a registered charity.
For the benefit of the community council areas of:
- Upper Tweed;
- Tweedsmuir; and
This fund generally supports projects which:
- enhance quality of life for local residents;
- contribute to vibrant, healthy, successful and sustainable communities; and
- promote community spirit and encourage community activity.
Sorry, we can’t support projects which:
- have a political or religious purpose;
- subsidise the costs of energy consumption;
- are for purposes adverse to SSE’s interest;
- replace statutory funding; or
- support individuals for their personal gain.
|How much||How to apply|
|£1 - 250||Applications for grants of up to £250 can be made through a micro grants scheme administered by each of the Community Councils. Each Community Council will receive applications directly and make decisions on any micro-grants to be awarded in this area.
Download micro grant form and micro grant guidelines
|£250 -£25,000||To make an application download a copy of the application form, and please make sure that you read the guidelines as well.|
Who can I contact for further information?
Community Investment Manager
T: 0141 224 7712