- Human Rights Policy
- Modern Slavery Statement 2017
- Modern Slavery Statement 2016
- Political Engagement Statement
- Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy
- Responsible Procurement Charter
- Safety and Health Policy
- Sustainability and Corporate Responsibility Policy
- Corporate Governance Statement
- Inclusion and Diversity Policy
- Environment and Climate Change Policy
Doing the right thing – a guide to ethical business conduct
As SSE employees we support and value our colleagues and enjoy working together in an open and honest way. To do that, we have to understand what is right and wrong and operate to the same ethical standard. However, it is possible that people, or even teams, within SSE do not always conduct themselves to this standard.
SSE’s guide to ethical business conduct booklet provides the basis from which our employees are guided in terms of ethical business behaviour. The main principles of the guide are – speaking up, doing no harm, trading fairly, respecting each other and being open and accountable.
Whistleblowing policy: Speak Up
We want employees to 'do the right thing' and speak up if they become aware of any colleagues who are not working to the high standards we expect.
We have enhanced our whistleblowing procedures through the introduction of an externally hosted ‘Speak Up’ phone line and email service, so our employees can be confident that there will be no personal implications if they report wrongdoing about a colleague’s conduct or the company’s practices.