We're not just another big energy company; we are one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing energy companies. Every year we make an Olympic sized contribution of around £9 billion to the UK economy.
We take pride in our work and employ people who care about quality and want to feel proud to be part of the SSE family. We believe our people are our most important asset and we also believe in developing our staff to get the best from them, building up talent from within.
We’re always looking to identify great talent to support our growth in the energy industry. Our core values of Safety, Service, Efficiency, Sustainability, Excellence and Teamwork illustrate what we as a company are about and as part of SSE we strive to reflect these values in all we do. Our Apprentice Programme is designed with this in mind and aims to qualify and train you to become our engineers of the future.
If you have the skills to work in an environment that is passionate about safety, innovation, teamwork and excellence in everything we do, and want to be part of one of the greatest growth industries of the 21st century, we’d like to hear from you.
Our accredited apprenticeship programme offers you the opportunity to gain new skills and qualifications and will set you on the path to a long term rewarding career, where you’ll have the opportunity to really make a difference.
IT Degree apprenticeships
IT is constantly changing to meet business needs, we are investing significant sums, and growing our capabilities in new and emerging technologies. This is a period of exciting change and Degree Apprentices joining SSE have the opportunity to be at the heart of this.
Opportunities at SSE - Enterprise (Morna Grant)
Morna Grant, an apprentice with SSE Enterprise, talks about what she enjoys about her job.
Opportunities at SSE - Hydro power (Tom Fraser)
Tom Fraser, a qualified Electrical Fitter, talks about his apprenticeship at SSE and why he enjoys working at various hydro power stations in Perthshire, Scotland.
- Elliott and Vicky enjoying meeting lots of people at @PortsmouthGhall today @TheJobFairs pop down if you are in… https://t.co/5kVr5voI1C
- We are just getting set up at @TheJobFairs today at @PortsmouthGhall looking forward to meeting lots of potential new team members!
- RT @SSE: We're proud to announce our #WomenInSTEM partnership with @TeachFirst https://t.co/5zwnEAfI2R #GirlsFootballWeek https://t.co/xrn…
- We would love the opportunity to be involved! @WhoCaresScot @Edinburgh_CC @skillsdevscot https://t.co/PEVu9O4LNX
- RT @mywowscotland: What if there were more #womenintech? via @BBCTech https://t.co/FRdPLzJLfI
- Register your interest in our apprenticeship scheme&we will update you when the recruitment campaign launches in Ja… https://t.co/hngSSeZCcP