We're not just another big energy company; we are one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing energy companies. Every year we make an Olympic sized contribution of around £9 billion to the UK economy.
We take pride in our work and employ people who care about quality and want to feel proud to be part of the SSE family. We believe our people are our most important asset and we also believe in developing our staff to get the best from them, building up talent from within.
We’re always looking to identify great talent to support our growth in the energy industry. Our core values of Safety, Service, Efficiency, Sustainability, Excellence and Teamwork illustrate what we as a company are about and as part of SSE we strive to reflect these values in all we do. Our Apprentice Programme is designed with this in mind and aims to qualify and train you to become our engineers of the future.
If you have the skills to work in an environment that is passionate about safety, innovation, teamwork and excellence in everything we do, and want to be part of one of the greatest growth industries of the 21st century, we’d like to hear from you.
About the programme
Our accredited apprenticeship programme offers you the opportunity to gain new skills and qualifications and will set you on the path to a long term rewarding career, where you’ll have the opportunity to really make a difference.
We're one of the most diverse energy companies in the industry, with a range of different businesses serving different purposes. We have opportunities for you to join as an Apprentice in Mechanical or Electrical Contracting, as an Engineer in our Generation & Renewables business and as a Lines Person, Jointer or Electrical Fitter in our Power Systems business.
Whichever Apprenticeship you choose, you'll have the opportunity to achieve a Modern Apprenticeship qualification and a City & Guilds Technical Certificate (or SVQ in Scotland). You will learn new skills that will help you build a successful career in the industry and the opportunity to forge a career at SSE beyond your Apprenticeship.
Most of our Apprenticeships take four years to complete and you may have to live away from home for short periods of time. The majority of apprentices attend college on a block release arrangement which helps you progress more quickly and gives you valuable support.
Opportunities at SSE - Enterprise (Morna Grant)
Morna Grant, an apprentice with SSE Enterprise, talks about what she enjoys about her job.
Opportunities at SSE - Hydro power (Tom Fraser)
Tom Fraser, a qualified Electrical Fitter, talks about his apprenticeship at SSE and why he enjoys working at various hydro power stations in Perthshire, Scotland.
- Apprenticeship Programme 2016 - Positions available in #Ashford #Grays #Norwich #Nottingham apply now https://t.co/YLfFJ4m490 #apprentice
- We are looking for a Procurement and Commercial Manager in #Thatcham https://t.co/u1qd749Hw0
- RT @SSE: Find out more about our work with @barnardos & why we’re investing in young people: https://t.co/e23KNAaCT3 #RBWeek https://t.co/R…
- We are looking for a Customer Retention Advisor in #Belfast https://t.co/4LzD0r3m98
- Calling all #Collections Advisors;#Customer Service Advisor;#outbound call advisors;#outbound collections to apply - https://t.co/VrDlrDXDwj
- Calling all #inbound customer services, #customer services;#telephone advisors;#customer support to apply for https://t.co/LRL8QWi0Fd