We're not just another big energy company; we are one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing energy companies. Every year we make an Olympic sized contribution of around £9 billion to the UK economy.
We take pride in our work and employ people who care about quality and want to feel proud to be part of the SSE family. We believe our people are our most important asset and we also believe in developing our staff to get the best from them, building up talent from within.
We are no longer taking applications for our 2015 Programme but we expect to be taking applications for 2016 from September 2015.
We’re always looking to identify great talent to support our growth in the energy industry. Our core values of Safety, Service, Efficiency, Sustainability, Excellence and Teamwork illustrate what we as a company are about and as part of SSE we strive to reflect these values in all we do. Our Apprentice Programme is designed with this in mind and aims to qualify and train you to become our engineers of the future.
If you have the skills to work in an environment that is passionate about safety, innovation, teamwork and excellence in everything we do, and want to be part of one of the greatest growth industries of the 21st century, we’d like to hear from you.
About the programme
Our accredited apprenticeship programme offers you the opportunity to gain new skills and qualifications and will set you on the path to a long term rewarding career, where you’ll have the opportunity to really make a difference.
We're one of the most diverse energy companies in the industry, with a range of different businesses serving different purposes. We have opportunities for you to join as an Apprentice in Mechanical or Electrical Contracting, as an Engineer in our Generation & Renewables business and as a Lines Person, Jointer or Electrical Fitter in our Power Systems business.
Whichever Apprenticeship you choose, you'll have the opportunity to achieve a Modern Apprentice qualification, City & Guilds Technical Certificate and NVQ (or SVQ in Scotland) level 2 and 3. You will learn new skills that will help you build a successful career in the industry.
Most of our Apprenticeships take four years to complete and you may have to live away from home for short periods of time. The majority of apprentices attend college on a block release arrangement which helps you progress more quickly and gives you valuable support.
Opportunities at SSE - Hydro power (Tom Fraser)
Tom Fraser, a qualified Electrical Fitter, talks about his apprenticeship at SSE and why he enjoys working at various hydro power stations in Perthshire, Scotland.
- Excellent opportunity! https://t.co/P3ReQOrae6
- SSE Apprenticeship 2016. Register your interest today http://t.co/BGWjKpJMQb For more information visit http://t.co/77lzyGvRti #sse #2016
- We're aware of a job offer hoax being made to candidates on behalf of SSE. If you receive an offer and are unsure, please contact us.
- Two exciting opportunities have arisen for Energy Supply Accountants, based in Reading. To apply click here. http://t.co/a36WvV4o8r #sse
- Currently seeking a skilled Resourcing Consultant to join our Engineering recruitment team. To apply click here http://t.co/ptS19EtMba
- If you live in Brighton, & have experience of selling in the home let us know as we would love to hear from you! http://t.co/kVoUCiON5U #sse